The Frank Camaratta Signature Luxury Chess Pieces - 4.4" King
- The House of Staunton
- Set Weight:
- 84.1 ounces
- The House of Staunton
- King Height:
- 4.4'' inch / 11.18 cm
- Base Diameter:
- 2.0'' inch / 5.0 cm
- Includes Board:
- The Chess Board featured is for photographic purposes only and must be purchased separately
- Total Pieces:
- 34 Chess Pieces, including 2 Additional Queens (for Pawn Promotion)
- Recommended Board Size:
- 2.5 inch / 6.4 cm"
The Frank Camaratta Signature Series Chess set features a 4.4" King with a 2.0" diameter base and is heavily weighted. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our finest artisans and crafted out your choice of either Antiqued Boxwood/Genuine Ebony or Boxwood/Genuine Ebony. These master pieces are heavily weighted and have luxurious black English leather base pads on each of the Chessmen, each featuring Frank Camaratta's signature stamped in gold.
As with all of our Chessmen, the Frank Camaratta Luxury Chess Set exemplifies a perfect combination of distinct beauty and functionality. It has been designed to withstand the rigors of practical play while maintaining an elegance which has become the hallmark of a House of Staunton chess set. The design, quality and craftsmanship of this set is UNMATCHED by any set of Chessmen in its price range. Nothing even comes close!
The Chessmen are new and each set consists of 34 Chessmen, including four Queens, a standard that was introduced by The House of Staunton in 1993.
What Makes the Frank Camaratta Signature Chessmen Unique?
- The Camaratta Signature Series Luxury Chess Set is the FIRST chess set on the market that has been weighted with our patent pending weighting system. This revolutionary technique allows us to achieve the same level of weighting with a minimum amount of material, virtually eliminating the possibility of hairline cracks. This system is also very expensive, costing upwards of $200.00 in material costs for EACH of the sets. No expense has been spared for creating these masterful chessmen.
- Each of the Camaratta Signature Series Luxury Chess Sets is hand-weighted, hand-polished and has the leather base pads applied by the Maestro himself, a very time-consuming process. To insure that each chess set that bears his name is as close to perfect as possible, Mr. Camaratta has chosen to undertake this task himself.
What Comes With the Set?
- The Camaratta Signature Series Luxury Chess Set comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Only 30 Chess Sets (15 in Antiqued Boxwood/Ebony and 15 in Boxwood/Ebony) have been produced! Once they are sold out, this set will be officially retired.
The Chess Set comes with a Individually Numbered Certificate of Authenticity and an original manufacturer's plaque indicating the production number, with an adhesive backing that would allow it to be affixed to the underside of a Chess box.
|About Frank Camaratta|
Frank Camaratta, the Maestro, has been involved in the World of Chess for over 60 years. Initially a player, having achieved the rank of International Master, Frank broadened his horizons, involving himself in chess promotion & governance, chess collecting and chess design research. He also has produced several chess-related patents, the most significant of which is Time Delay. Frank is today considered the foremost authority of Jaques and other Staunton and pre-Staunton chessmen, having written numerous articles on the subject.
Mr. Camaratta founded The House of Staunton in 1990, primarily collecting and dealing in antique chess equipment. It was during that period that inspiration struck to instill Old world craftsmanship and pride into present-day chessmen. In pursuit of that goal, Frank retired from his position as an Engineering Director on the Space Shuttle Program in 1998 to devote full time to making his vision a reality, which he did after spending years of research and study in to Staunton and pre-Staunton designs. The House of Staunton has emerged as the World’s leading producer of Pre-Staunton and Staunton chessmen, as well as numerous artistically-inspired sets, which are unmatched in design, accuracy and craftsmanship.