The Beasty Botvinnik Variation in the Semi-Slav! - Erwin L'Ami
- GM Erwin L'Ami
- 6 Hours 27 Minutes
- Publication Date:
- January 8, 2018
- System Requirements:
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows (Supports XP (Service pack 3), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation.
Ever wanted to release your inner Tal or Shirov? This is your chance! On this DVD you will be taken on a journey through what is arguably the sharpest opening line known to men: the Botvinnik Variation! Ever since its birth, in the late 30’s of the previous century, the Botvinnik Variation has fascinated generations of dynamic players. To date, the opening is very much alive and is considered the sharpest and most principled way to meet 5.Bg5 in the Semi-Slav.
• Video running time: 6 h 27 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Model Games and extensive analysis by the author
• Including ChessBase Reader
Dutch grandmaster Erwin l’Ami is the second of Anish Giri and in that role has to make sure his protégé arrives at the board armoured with the right opening ideas. Who better to guide you through the scintillating variations that appear on this DVD?