Fritz 17 Chess Playing Software Program (DIGITAL DOWNLOAD)
- Popular Collections:
- Fritz 17
- Publication Date:
- November 12, 2019
- System Requirements:
- Minimum (not optimised for Raytracing and FatFritz): Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM-drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access. Recommended: PC Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 3 (Quadcore), 8 GB
- Hardware Requirements:
- No. of Computer Installs:
- Up to 3 Computers
When you purchase this DIGITAL DOWNLOAD from Chess.com you will receive a link and serial number to download the software.
The giant PC chess program, now with Fat Fritz*
At the turn of the century, Fritz fascinated the chess world with victories over Garry Kasparov and then-reigning World Champion Vladimir Kramnik. The "most popular chess program" (according to German magazine Der Spiegel) offers you everything you will need as a dedicated chess enthusiast, with innovative training methods for amateurs and professionals alike, plus access to the full suite of ChessBase web apps, including the Playchess playing server. Here are the highlights:
• Now with “Fat Fritz“ * : An extremely strong neural net engine inspired by Alpha Zero, which produces human-like strategic analyses of world class quality.
• Improved Fritz 17 engine with traditional brute force search and evaluations technology
• Convenient one-click management of your opening repertoires
• Opening training with success control, measure your progress with e-learning technology
• Hundreds of ready-made repertoires included
• “Blitz & Train“: Fritz generates tactical puzzles from your own blitz games
• Perfect analysis of endgames with up to seven pieces, access to “Let‘s Check“
• Improved 3D chess boards thanks to real-time ray tracing**
• Includes six months ChessBase Premium Account Membership: Now with 11 ChessBase web apps for mobile training, analysis,live chess and much more
*Fat Fritz is based on LCZero. LCZero is an open source project licensed through the GPL v3 with all due rights. Source code of LCZero and the modifications for Fat Fritz can be found at Github.
** Requires a powerful graphics card with NVIDIA chip
MULTI-LANGUAGE VERSION: English, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch, German.
Minimum (not optimised for Raytracing and FatFritz): Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM-drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access.
Recommended: PC Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 3 (Quadcore), 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 with 64-Bit (current version), NVIDIA RTX graphic card with 6 GB RAM and current driver (FatFritz on older NVIDIA cards or older graphic cards: drastic loss of performance, and runs on CPU only for demonstration purposes) , Windows Media Player 11, (DVD-ROM drive) and Internet access.
System requirements for ChessBase Account: Internet access and up-to-date browser, e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari. Runs on Windows, OS X, iOS, Android and Linux.
Note: Please contact the developer with any support issues.