Fabiano Caruana - Navigating the Ruy Lopez - Volume 2 (Digital Download)
- GM Fabiano Caruana
- 5 hours 52 minutes
- Popular Collections:
- A World-Class Player Explains
- Publication Date:
- System Requirements:
- Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 8.1, DirectX 11 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access to activate the program.
Fabiano Caruana: Navigating the Ruy Lopez - A World-Class Player Explains
The Ruy Lopez is one of the oldest openings which continues to enjoy high popularity from club level to the absolute world top. In this video series, American super-GM Fabiano Caruana, talking to IM Oliver Reeh, presents a complete repertoire for White.
In a total of three volumes, Caruana examines all Black replies after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5. The world’s number two not only shows very concrete lines, but also outlines general approaches depending on the demands of each variation. How can White keep track of the manifold solid closed set-ups (e.g. the Breyer)? What’s the best way to defuse the risky Schliemann-Jaenisch Gambit? Which transitions to the endgame against the Open Variation are particularly unpleasant for Black? What are the guiding threads to follow against the Berlin Defence?
In short, this trilogy not only provides the viewer with a complete premium Ruy Lopez repertoire, but also with fascinating insights into the mindset and chess understanding of a World Championship contender. Epiphanies guaranteed!
Fabiano Caruana: Navigating the Ruy Lopez Vol. 2
- Modern Arkhangelsk (6…Bc5),
- Open Ruy Lopez (5…Nxe4),
- Berlin Defence (3…Nf6 and 4.Nxe4),
- Averbakh Variation (6…d6)
• Video running time: 5 hours 52 min. (English)
• Database with Caruana’s games in the Ruy Lopez
• Bonus: Training with ChessBase apps - Memorize the opening repertoire and play key positions against Fritz on various levels
System requirements (DVD-ROM):
Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 8.1, DirectX11 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access to activate the program. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen3, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX11 graphics card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or more, Windows Media Player 11, DVD ROM drive and Internet access to activate the program.