ChessBase is a personal, stand-alone chess database that has become the standard throughout the world. Everyone uses ChessBase, from the World Champion to the amateur next door. It is the program of choice for anyone who loves the game and wants to know more about it. Start your personal success story with ChessBase and enjoy your chess even more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH CHESSBASE:
Retrieve games according to openings, players and tournaments; generate tournament cross tables and full graphic statistics of players or openings; “Similarity search” shows all games with similar pawn structures, sacrifice patterns, endgame positions, etc.; “Let’s check”*: access the world’s largest database of in-depth analysis (more than 200 million positions); Cloud analysis: analysis of a single position with several engines from different computers running in parallel; “Deep analysis”: generates an analysis tree that changes dynamically, as with time weaker variations are dropped; one click annotates your game with the “Theoretical Novelty”; merge games on the fly into an opening tree; generate a player’s dossier containing all available information from the database; generate a comprehensive openings report with main and critical lines, plans and most important games; single click publication of games on the Internet; print games in superb quality with diagrams and multiple columns; automatic update of your local reference database with the weekly installments of games (one year); access to the ChessBase online database with over eight million games*; mobile access with the new ChessBase Account*.
New in Chess Base 16:
- Repertoire recommendations for every move with a single click. With a choice of focus: Main Variations, Fashion, Side Lines, Attacking, Gambits, Endgame
- Better overview when playing through deeply analysed games thanks to dynamic folding of the notation
- Urgent news about recently played innovations with direct access to the database
- Preparation for opponents with recognition of their weaknesses taking into account your own repertoire
- Innovations and trends as annotations in Tactical Analysis
- Update service for MegaDatabase with a single click
- After an update to Megadatabase, overview of important recent innovations and theoretical trends.
- Search for characteristic tactical positions in an opening variation
- Slimmed down search booster: required hard disk space halved
Minimum: Pentium-PC, 1 GB RAM, Windows 7, DirectX9 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX10 graphics card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or more, Windows Media Player, , Adobe Flash Player (Live coverage), DVD ROM drive, Full HD Monitor and Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates.
Mega Database 2021
The ChessBase Mega Database 2021 is the premiere chess database with over eight million games from 1560 to 2020 in high quality. Packing more than 85,000 annotated games, Mega 2021 contains the world‘s largest collection of high-class analysed games. Train like a pro! Prepare for your opponents with ChessBase and the Mega Database 2021. Let grandmasters explain how to best handle your favorite variations, improve your repertoire and much more.
- Includes Mega Update Service 2021: update your Mega with your ChessBase 15/16 program every week with over 5,000 new games. That’s about 250,000 new games by the end of 2021!
- New, easier to use design!
- Direct access to the games of all the World Championships, among the over 450 years of chess knowledge.
- Player lexicon for download with over 586,000 player names and more than 40,000 player photos (only with ChessBase 14, 15 or 16)
System requirements: Pentium PC, 2 GB RAM, Windows 10 or 8.1, DVD-ROM drive, ChessBase 16, 15 or 14, Internet access (downloads).
CB 16 – Mega Package
- ChessBase 16 Programm
- Mega Database 2021
- Database-Update-Service through end of 2021
- Access to the Live-Database (8 million games)*
- ChessBase Magazine subscription for a full year (6 issues)
- Full year Premium membership for playchess and for the ChessBase Accounts
- 250 ChessBase Ducats
Mr. Kasparov - How I Became World Champion Volume 1
Garry Kasparov is the best player in the history of chess. His rise to the top was meteoric and at his very first attempt he managed to become World Champion – if one does not count the aborted title match of 1984 as a failure.
He is the youngest World Champion of all times. From 1985 to 2000 Kasparov kept the title – for 15 years – defending it against Anatoly Karpov, Nigel Short, and Viswanathan Anand, until he finally lost it to Vladimir Kramnik.
But even as an ex-champion Kasparov dominated the international chess scene and was first on the FIDE ranking list until he retired from competitive chess in 2005. In October 2012, when this DVD was recorded, his record rating of 2851 is still unsurpassed.
Kasparov divides his career into three phases: his rise to the top (1973 to 1985), the time as World Champion (1985 to 1993), and the time from the break-up with the World Chess Federation until his withdrawal from tournament chess (1993 to 2005).
On this DVD Garry Kasparov deals with the first phase. He recounts how he made it to the top in the years 1973 to 1985 and shows the key games which helped him become the world’s best player.
His model for selecting the games is Bobby Fischer and his book "My 60 Memorable Games" – like Fischer, Kasparov does not only select games he had won.
This DVD – containing 16 chapters and running for more than six hours – gives you an opportunity to follow the development of the best player in the history of chess, all told and explained by the champion himself.
You get a first-hand account of crucial events from recent chess history, while at the same time you can improve your chess understanding and enjoy explanations and comments from a unique and outstanding personality on and off the chess board.