1. e4 - How to Tame the Alekhine, Scandinavian and Pirc - Viktor Bologan
- GM Victor Bologan
- 4 Hours 30 Minutes
- Publication Date:
- April 13, 2013
- System Requirements:
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows (Supports XP (Service pack 3), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows
While almost everybody is spending 95% of his opening preparation time on major lines, there are some tricky players including strong GMs (I am not an exception) who prepare for their opponents some side lines, which contain many an underwater reef. I decided to collect those secondary openings in one single DVD. From now on openings such as the Pirc, the Scandinavian and the Alekhine Defences will not appear to you in your nightmares any more. The 1.e4 player should be actually thank Black for choosing these openings, since he is providing White with a better centre, a stable advantage and generally speaking pleasant play. The only thing White needs to do is to spend some time studying the lines. I will not bother you with encyclopaedic approach. There is a more practical way. Against each opening I recommend one repertoire:
- For the Pirc I have prepared for you the Austrian Attack
- Major lines against the Scandinavian
- And for the Alekhine I decided to go for the positional lines with Nf3.
Enjoy the videos and be critical please: I don’t claim to give you the ultimate truth, I just want to help you to enrich your chess vocabulary!
Video running time: 4 hours 30 min.
Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard